Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

9.22.2010

2x4 Pumpkins

Here's a fun little craft that costs very little to make.
 

Last fall when I was searching around for some cute fall craft ideas, I saw this post here at It's a Daisy Day!  She used scrap 2x4's to make the cutest pumpkins.  I quickly realized that I had everything I needed to make them myself.  I even had 2x4 pieces that were already the right sizes!   The 2x4's are 3 1/2", 6", and 8 1/2" tall. 

Directions:
1. Paint the blocks.  (I used Pumpkin Orange.)
2. Sand all edges.
3. Apply a brown wash with a rag or sponge brush by brushing it on and then wiping the excess off with a dry rag or paper towel. 
 (To make a brown wash add a squirt of dark brown paint to about 1/2 cup of water.)
4.  Cut off 3 pieces of a dry branch for the stems.  (Large pruners work great for this.)
5.  Drill a hole into the top of each pumpkin large enough for the branch to fit in and then glue it in place with wood or hot glue.
6.  Cut a piece of wire then curl the ends by wrapping the wire around a screwdriver or pencil.  Wrap it around the stem to hold it in place.
7.  Glue spanish moss around the base of the stem.  This hides the hole.  Tie a raffia and a ribbon bow then glue them on.

Edited to Add:  I've found it's not necessary to drill the hole to add the stem, just glue it on with plenty of hot glue.  Click here for directions on how to make 2x4 Pumpkin Kits for a Ladies Craft Night.




That's it, you're done! 
 






This post is linked to:
 
Tator Tots and Jello
The DIY Showoff

Get Your Craft On Tuesday

Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
 Photobucket

Pin It!

5 comments:

Kristi Flanagan said...

VERY CUTE!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea! And so easy! Love it!
Jenn
www.sanitycraft.blogspot.com

amy anderson said...

making these!! amy

Daisy Day said...

They turned out darling! I'm so glad you made some. Thank you for linking back to my site. Have a fabulous Autumn!

Unknown said...

That has to be the most creative pumpkin idea I've seen yet. . . and there are a ton out there. But, seriously 2 x 4's? Too cool!

Would love for you to stop by Sunday and link up to Passion for Paint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails